R16M4FTT-NYTHD Semi-Automatic Rifle
A team of the finest firearms manufacturers in the U.S.A. has been re-assembled to bring to market the highest quality AR type rifle possible. These good Maine folks – most of whom are former employees of Bushmaster Firearms – offer many years of experience in the industry, and all look forward to working with you, to serving your needs, and to building you a great rifle.
- Caliber: .223 Rem. / 5.56mm NATO
- Type: Rifle
- Action: Semi-Automatic, Gas Impingement System
- Capacity: 10 + 1
- Ships with one 10 Round Magazine
- Safety: Manual Lever with Indicator Markings on Both Sides of Receiver
- Receiver: A4 Type Flat Top Upper Receiver
- Receiver Material: Forged 7075 T6 Aircraft Aluminum with Aluminum Trigger Guard
- Receiver Finish: Hardcoat Black Anodize Finish
- Bolt Material: Carpenter 158 Steel
- Barrel: 16” M4 Profile, Chrome Lined with Crowned Muzzle
- Barrel Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium 11595E Steel w. M4 Feed Ramps
- Rifling: 1 Turn in 9” – Right Hand Twist
- Stock: Thordsen Stock (New York compliant)
- Forend / Pistol Grip: M4 Double Heat Shield Handguards
- Rear Sight: None – Ready for optics or other type accessory sights
- Front Sight: None – Picatinny Rail Gas Block – Ready for accessory sights
- Packaging: Hard Plastic Gun Case with Black Web Sling & Operators Manual
When the people who bought Bushmaster in 2006 decided to move it “lock, stock and barrel” out of Maine to New York in 2011, the original Bushmaster owner, Mr. Richard Dyke was left with both a dilemma and an opportunity.
Almost to the day of the 2011 move, Mr. Dyke’s non-compete clause expired. He still owned the property where Bushmaster had been built, and knew all the workers – now laid off – who had helped him build it.
He made a decision to “get back in the game” and promptly put an email out to many of his former employees and friends asking if there was interest in joining him for a new project.
With a resounding “yes” of support, he gathered the financing in two days, and started bringing people back into their long-time Windham manufacturing home. Phoenix-like, Windham Weaponry was on the rise.
Within three months, the first productions models of the new Windham Weaponry line had been perfected and delivered. Quality, fit, finish, durability, accuracy and value were all superb – giving credence to Windham Weaponry’s motto “The Quality Goes In, Before The Rifle Goes Out”.